Thursday, August 7, 2008

Assumption of the Holy Mother of God Novena

Join me in one of the most beautiful Novena : Assumption of Blessed Mother of God .

The Word of God

"We know that when the earthly tent in which we dwell is destroyed we have a dwelling provided for us by God, a dwelling in the heavens, not made by hands but to last forever." (2 Cor 5:1)

"Mary has chosen the better portion and she shall not be deprived of it." (Lk 10:42)


"A great sign appeared in the sky, a woman clothed with the sun, with the moon under her feet, and on her head a crown of twelve stars." (Rv 12:1)

Let us pray :

Mary, Queen Assumed into Heaven, I rejoice that after years of heroic martyrdom on earth, You have at last been taken to the throne prepared for You in Heaven by the Holy Trinity.

Lift my heart with You in the glory of Your Assumption above the dreadful touch of sin and impurity. Teach me
how small earth becomes when viewed from Heaven. Make me realize that death is the triumphant gate through which I shall pass to your Son, and that someday my body shall rejoin my soul in the unending bliss of heaven.

From this earth, over which I tread as a pilgrim, I look to You for help. In honour of Your Assumption into Heaven I ask for this favour: (
Mention your request
).

When my hour of death has come, lead me safely to the presence of Jesus to enjoy the vision of my God for all eternity together with You. Amen.

Prayer to the Queen of Heaven and Earth

Mary, Assumed into Heaven, I venerate You as the Queen of Heaven and Earth. Your own Son led You to a throne of glory in Heaven next to His own. As You tasted the bitterness of pain and sorrow with Him on earth, You now enjoy eternal bliss with Him in Heaven. I thank Jesus for having put a most beautiful crown upon Your head, while all the Angels and Saints acclaim You as their Queen.

Because here below You shared in all the mysteries of our Redemption, Jesus has crowned You not only with glory but with power. He placed You at His right hand that You may dispose of the treasures of grace by a singular title - that of
Mother of God
.

In the midst of all the Saints You stand as their Queen and ours - dearer to the Heart of God than any creature in God's Kingdom. You pray for Your children and distribute to us every grace won by our loving Saviour on the Cross.

Queen Assumed into Heaven
, may Your glorious beauty fill my heart with a distaste for earthly things and an ardent longing for the joys of heaven.

May Your merciful eyes glance down upon my struggles and my weakness in this vale of tears. Crown me with the pure robe of innocence and grace here, and with immortality and glory in heaven. Amen.

No comments:


Eternal Father, I offer You the most Precious Blood of Thy Divine Son, Jesus Christ , in union with the Masses said throughout the world today, for all the Holy Souls in Purgatory, for sinners everywhere, for sinners in the Universal Church, for those in my own home and in my family. Amen

WEAR THE GARMENT OF GRACE ~~ BROWN SCAPULAR ~~


O Mary, Queen and Mother of Carmel, I come today to consecrate myself to thee, for my whole life is but a small return for the many graces and blessings that have come from God to me through thy immaculate hands.

Since thou look with special kindness on those who wear thy Scapular, I implore thee to strengthen my weakness with thy power, to enlighten the darkness of my mind with thy wisdom, and to increase in me Faith, Hope and Charity that I may repay each day my debt of humble homage to thee.

May thy Holy Scapular bring me thy special protection in my daily struggle to be faithful to thy Divine Son and to thee. May it separate me from all that is sinful in life and remind me constantly of my duty to imitate thy virtues.

From now on, I shall strive to live in God's Presence, and offer all to Jesus through thee. Dearest Holy Mother, support me by thy never-failing love and lead me to paradise through the merits of Christ and thy own intercession. Amen.

LinkWithin


Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Blog Archive