Friday, June 4, 2010

Novena to the Immaculate Heart of Mary


The month of June is dedicated to the Sacred Heart of Jesus, and devotion to the Sacred Heart is tied closely to devotion to the Immaculate Heart of Mary—so closely, in fact, that the two feasts are celebrated a day after another .The Feast of the Sacred Heart falls 19 days after Pentecost, and the Feast of the Immaculate Heart of Mary is celebrated the next day.
Simeon's prophecy in Luke 2:33-34 paved the way and furnished devotion with one of its favorite formula and most popular representations: the heart pierced with a sword , the perfect description of forever Immaculate Heart of Mary .
Saint Luke's Gospel says that Mary kept all the sayings and doings of Jesus in her heart, that she might ponder them and live by them. Another great expression of loving Heart of Holy and Blessed Mother Mary .

Let us faithfully pray Novena for the Feast of Mary's ever Immaculate Heart :

O Most Blessed Mother,
heart of love,
heart of mercy,
ever listening,
caring, consoling,
hear our prayer.
As your children,
we implore your intercession
with Jesus your Son.
Receive with understanding and compassion
the petitions we place before you today,
especially..

( In your own words, make your special request here. Do not just mention a word. Speak to the Immaculate Heart of Mary as you would speak to another person, begging your Heavenly Mother to plea to Jesus on your behalf, that you be granted this special request.)

We are comforted in knowing your heart
is ever open to those who ask for your prayer.
We trust to your gentle care and intercession,
those whom we love
and who are sick
or lonely
or hurting.
Help all of us,
Holy Mother,
to bear our burdens in this life
until we may share eternal life
and peace with God forever.
Amen

No comments:


Eternal Father, I offer You the most Precious Blood of Thy Divine Son, Jesus Christ , in union with the Masses said throughout the world today, for all the Holy Souls in Purgatory, for sinners everywhere, for sinners in the Universal Church, for those in my own home and in my family. Amen

WEAR THE GARMENT OF GRACE ~~ BROWN SCAPULAR ~~


O Mary, Queen and Mother of Carmel, I come today to consecrate myself to thee, for my whole life is but a small return for the many graces and blessings that have come from God to me through thy immaculate hands.

Since thou look with special kindness on those who wear thy Scapular, I implore thee to strengthen my weakness with thy power, to enlighten the darkness of my mind with thy wisdom, and to increase in me Faith, Hope and Charity that I may repay each day my debt of humble homage to thee.

May thy Holy Scapular bring me thy special protection in my daily struggle to be faithful to thy Divine Son and to thee. May it separate me from all that is sinful in life and remind me constantly of my duty to imitate thy virtues.

From now on, I shall strive to live in God's Presence, and offer all to Jesus through thee. Dearest Holy Mother, support me by thy never-failing love and lead me to paradise through the merits of Christ and thy own intercession. Amen.

LinkWithin


Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Blog Archive