Thursday, December 13, 2007

Feast of Our Lady of Guadalupe ( December 12 )

Nothing is accidental with God, so it is not mere coincidence that the Feast of Our Lady of Guadalupe, which falls on December 12 , is within the Octave of the Feast of The Immaculate Conception, December 8 and following. In both appearances ( at Lourdes, France in 1858 and on Tepeyac Hill in Mexico in 1531 ) she appeared to a lone seer, each one being very poor and most pure, and said "I am" and gave her name in reference to each apparition: "I am the Immaculate Conception" and " I am your Mother."
In the first apparition the healing that followed was spiritual that of conversion from barbarism to the blessed Catholicism; in the second, physical cures as well as conversions.
But the significance of the titles she gave includes the close connection between two apparitions that were 327 years apart. In both Mary's Motherhood is proclaimed. At Guadalupe she came as "Mother", Mother of the poor, the Mother of Sorrows and the Mother of God, as depicted in her garments which to the Indian natives of Mexico were evidence of her approaching time at Bethlehem. At Lourdes, Mary's Divine maternity is enshrined in her Immaculate Conception, God's great work and miracle, the Mother of God and of the Church, who was conceived without Original Sin, who bears the Savior of Mankind. The name Guadalupe, is roughly translated as the "savior from the devil." In truth both apparitions are Apocalyptic, for Our Lady is the Woman with the Twelve Stars who will crush the seed of satan.

Memorare to our Lady of Guadalupe

Remember, O most gracious Virgin Mary of Guadalupe, that in thy celestial apparitions on the mount of Tepeyac, thou didst promise to show thy compassion and pity towards all who, loving and trusting thee, seek thy help and call upon thee in their necessities and afflictions.
Thou didst promise to hearken to our supplications, to dry our tears and to give us consolation and relief. Never was it known that anyone who fled to thy protection, implored thy help, or sought thy intercession, either for the common welfare, or in personal anxieties, was left unaided.
Inspired with this confidence, we fly unto thee, O Mary, ever Virgin Mother of the True God! Though grieving under the weight of our sins, we come to prostrate ourselves in thy august presence, certain that thou wilt deign to fulfill thy merciful promises. We are full of hope that, standing beneath thy shadow and protection, nothing will trouble or afflict us, nor need we fear illness, or misfortune, or any other sorrow.
Thou hast decided to remain with us through thy admirable image, thou who art our Mother, our health and our life. Placing ourselves beneath thy maternal gaze and having recourse to thee in all our necessities we need do nothing more. O Holy Mother of God, despise not our petitions, but in thy mercy hear and answer us.
[Here mention your petition.]

Five Hail Marys. . . in gratitude for the four apparitions to Juan Diego and the one to Juan Bernardino

2 comments:

Boreal said...

Hello Danielle,
I thought you might want to know that Domestic-Church.Com has added two new sister sites:

www.marian-devotions.com

www.lent-and-easter.com

These sites contain the contents of two of our "In the Domestic Church" books published by Ignatius.

God Bless,

Peter Fournier

Boreal said...

Hello there,

I thought you might want to know that Domestic-Church.Com has added two new sister sites:

www.marian-devotions.com

www.lent-and-easter.com

These sites contain the contents of two of our "In the Domestic Church" books published by Ignatius.

Peter Fournier,
Domestic-Church.Com


Eternal Father, I offer You the most Precious Blood of Thy Divine Son, Jesus Christ , in union with the Masses said throughout the world today, for all the Holy Souls in Purgatory, for sinners everywhere, for sinners in the Universal Church, for those in my own home and in my family. Amen

WEAR THE GARMENT OF GRACE ~~ BROWN SCAPULAR ~~


O Mary, Queen and Mother of Carmel, I come today to consecrate myself to thee, for my whole life is but a small return for the many graces and blessings that have come from God to me through thy immaculate hands.

Since thou look with special kindness on those who wear thy Scapular, I implore thee to strengthen my weakness with thy power, to enlighten the darkness of my mind with thy wisdom, and to increase in me Faith, Hope and Charity that I may repay each day my debt of humble homage to thee.

May thy Holy Scapular bring me thy special protection in my daily struggle to be faithful to thy Divine Son and to thee. May it separate me from all that is sinful in life and remind me constantly of my duty to imitate thy virtues.

From now on, I shall strive to live in God's Presence, and offer all to Jesus through thee. Dearest Holy Mother, support me by thy never-failing love and lead me to paradise through the merits of Christ and thy own intercession. Amen.

LinkWithin


Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Blog Archive