Monday, December 3, 2007

Mother of all Mankind

Mary is the Mother of Jesus and the spiritual mother of all mankind. She became our mother at the foot of the cross on Calvary when Jesus said to St. John, "Behold thy Mother.” Because she is our spiritual mother she has the love and concern for our well-being and our salvation, just as any good mother would have for her children. And this is why we address her as Our Mother or Our Blessed Mother.


Mary has given us many spiritual gifts through her Son's Church during the past 2,000 years. Not only did she console and fortify the Apostles with her Motherly wisdom and strength, but she helps each one of us as well--if we desire her help. Among her gifts to help us get to heaven are: the rosary, the brown scapular, the green scapular and the miraculous medal. We call these helps sacramentals because they assist us in prayer and in pleasing God.

Ask Mary to pray for you every day, and intercede on your behalf with her Divine Son at the hour of your death. To help you prepare for these, the most important moments of your entire life, she gave us the gift of her green scapular. This little piece of green cloth displays a picture of Mary on one side, and the prayer asking for her help at the hour of our death on the other side. These little green scapulars provide help and strength for all of us as Mary complys with our daily prayer to intercede for us with her Divine Son. We need all the help and prayers we can get in order to know, love, and serve God in this world so as to gain heaven; and Mary's help and prayers are invaluable contributions to our eternal well being and happiness in heaven.

No comments:


Eternal Father, I offer You the most Precious Blood of Thy Divine Son, Jesus Christ , in union with the Masses said throughout the world today, for all the Holy Souls in Purgatory, for sinners everywhere, for sinners in the Universal Church, for those in my own home and in my family. Amen

WEAR THE GARMENT OF GRACE ~~ BROWN SCAPULAR ~~


O Mary, Queen and Mother of Carmel, I come today to consecrate myself to thee, for my whole life is but a small return for the many graces and blessings that have come from God to me through thy immaculate hands.

Since thou look with special kindness on those who wear thy Scapular, I implore thee to strengthen my weakness with thy power, to enlighten the darkness of my mind with thy wisdom, and to increase in me Faith, Hope and Charity that I may repay each day my debt of humble homage to thee.

May thy Holy Scapular bring me thy special protection in my daily struggle to be faithful to thy Divine Son and to thee. May it separate me from all that is sinful in life and remind me constantly of my duty to imitate thy virtues.

From now on, I shall strive to live in God's Presence, and offer all to Jesus through thee. Dearest Holy Mother, support me by thy never-failing love and lead me to paradise through the merits of Christ and thy own intercession. Amen.

LinkWithin


Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Blog Archive