Saturday, June 18, 2011

Novena in Honor of Our Lady of Perpetual Help ( June 27 )


Today is starting the Novena in Honor of Our Lady of Perpetual Help ( June 18 ending June 26 ) the vigil of the Feast of Our Lady of Perpetual Help.

Among Christians , the title Perpetual Help is one of the better known titles of the Mother of God, especially among the most needy and afflicted who feel the need for love and protection.
The original picture is an Eastern Icon that represents the Virgin of the Passion, painted to inspire hope and prayer. Its spiritual message far surpasses its artistic beauty. An icon is much more than the representation of a person or a historical event. The Icon of Perpetual Help raises our consciousness of the mysteries of the Redemption in Christ and of the intercession of Mary in favor of those who follow Christ, here in the arms of His Holy Mother.

Only with an attitude of faith and prayer can one admire this icon. The expression on Holy Mary's face is that of a mother who knows pain, and yet, extends her help with serenity and tenderness, as she invites us to obey the Will of God, even when we find it in suffering and the cross, and to offer our lives in service to Him and our neighbor as He did unto death.

No comments:


Eternal Father, I offer You the most Precious Blood of Thy Divine Son, Jesus Christ , in union with the Masses said throughout the world today, for all the Holy Souls in Purgatory, for sinners everywhere, for sinners in the Universal Church, for those in my own home and in my family. Amen

WEAR THE GARMENT OF GRACE ~~ BROWN SCAPULAR ~~


O Mary, Queen and Mother of Carmel, I come today to consecrate myself to thee, for my whole life is but a small return for the many graces and blessings that have come from God to me through thy immaculate hands.

Since thou look with special kindness on those who wear thy Scapular, I implore thee to strengthen my weakness with thy power, to enlighten the darkness of my mind with thy wisdom, and to increase in me Faith, Hope and Charity that I may repay each day my debt of humble homage to thee.

May thy Holy Scapular bring me thy special protection in my daily struggle to be faithful to thy Divine Son and to thee. May it separate me from all that is sinful in life and remind me constantly of my duty to imitate thy virtues.

From now on, I shall strive to live in God's Presence, and offer all to Jesus through thee. Dearest Holy Mother, support me by thy never-failing love and lead me to paradise through the merits of Christ and thy own intercession. Amen.

LinkWithin


Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Blog Archive