Saturday, June 18, 2011

Novena in Honor of Our Lady of Perpetual Help - Day 1 -


Traditional Novena Prayer

O Mother of Perpetual Help, grant that I may ever invoke Thy most powerful name,
which is the safeguard of the living and the salvation of the dying.
O Purest Mary, O Sweetest Mary, let Thy name henceforth be ever on my lips.
Delay not, O Blessed Lady, to help me whenever I call on Thee, for, in all my temptations, in all my needs,
I shall never cease to call on Thee, ever repeating Thy sacred name, Mary, Mary.
O what consolation, what sweetness, what confidence, what emotion fill my soul when I utter Thy sacred name, or even only think of Thee.
I thank God for having given Thee, for my good, so sweet, so powerful, so lovely a name.
But I will not be content with merely uttering Thy name; let my hope for Thee prompt me ever to hail Thee,Mother of Perpetual Help. Amen

( 3 Hail Mary )

Concluding prayer

Mother of Perpetual Help, with the greatest confidence
we come before your holy picture to be inspired
by the example of your life.

We think of you at that moment when, full of faith and trust,
you accepted God's call to be the Mother of His Son.
Help us, your children, to accept with joy our own calling in life.

When you learned that your cousin Elizabeth was in need,
you immediately went to serve her and offer your help.
Help us, like you, to be concerned for others.

We think of you, Mother, at the foot of the Cross.
Your heart must have bled to see your Son in agony.
But your joy was great when He rose from the dead,
victorious over the powers of evil.

Mother of Sorrows, help us through the trials and disappointments
of life. Help us not to lose heart.
May we share with you and your Son the joy of having faced
up to all the challenges of life.Amen

No comments:


Eternal Father, I offer You the most Precious Blood of Thy Divine Son, Jesus Christ , in union with the Masses said throughout the world today, for all the Holy Souls in Purgatory, for sinners everywhere, for sinners in the Universal Church, for those in my own home and in my family. Amen

WEAR THE GARMENT OF GRACE ~~ BROWN SCAPULAR ~~


O Mary, Queen and Mother of Carmel, I come today to consecrate myself to thee, for my whole life is but a small return for the many graces and blessings that have come from God to me through thy immaculate hands.

Since thou look with special kindness on those who wear thy Scapular, I implore thee to strengthen my weakness with thy power, to enlighten the darkness of my mind with thy wisdom, and to increase in me Faith, Hope and Charity that I may repay each day my debt of humble homage to thee.

May thy Holy Scapular bring me thy special protection in my daily struggle to be faithful to thy Divine Son and to thee. May it separate me from all that is sinful in life and remind me constantly of my duty to imitate thy virtues.

From now on, I shall strive to live in God's Presence, and offer all to Jesus through thee. Dearest Holy Mother, support me by thy never-failing love and lead me to paradise through the merits of Christ and thy own intercession. Amen.

LinkWithin


Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Blog Archive